Many programs resides in the computer and can access internet.But Sometimes you want to Stop those Specific Programs to access internet.
Furthermore, Some Programs installed on the computers might annoys you with ads and displays.
So you can simply block those unwanted Programs to gain internet access as they can simply work offline efficiently.
How can I block to access the internet?
Simply, Windows can help you in this task. Windows Firewall can not only protect our Computer from malicious malware and threats but also can be configured to block the program from accessing the internet without using other Third party programs.
How do i block a Program in Windows firewall?
We can follow some simple steps to block specific program from accessing internet. This steps are similar for Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
We can block both the inbound traffic i.e all the data coming from to our program from a server or outside of the internet. And also the Outbound traffic i.e. connection initiated by our program.
How to Block Program From Accessing the internet?
- Go to Control Panel just by opening Start Menu.
2. Click on Windows Firewall in the control panel.
3. Click on Advanced Settings.
4. Click on outbound Rules. Here we can Restrict Internet access for particular Software.
5. Under the action panel on the right side you see New rule option, click on it.
6. Choose option Program and click on Next.
7. Type the path where your program is installed or locate it with the Browse option. The application path is generally in the form “C:\Program Files\application.exe” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\application.exe” where ‘application’ is the name of the program you want to block from having internet access.
8. In the Action window, select Block the connection. Press Next.
9. Select when your blocking rules apply to the program. Select all the three options to cut off internet access completely.
10. Give a name to the new rule you just created. In this example, I have created a rule to block internet connection to Mozilla Firefox, so I have named the rule “Block Firefox.” You can choose any name you desire.
11. Click on Finish, and your rule gets activated. We can now see the new rule you created under Outbound Rules.
12. Go ahead and block inbound connections, too, if you want to completely block internet access for the program. Select “inbound rules” in step 4 and the rest of the steps are similar.
Concluding, in this way we can block specific program to access the internet in our computer.
Did you find this guide on blocking a program from accessing the internet be helpful? Share your reviews in the comments.