Simply making you understand about VoLTE or Voice over LTE, it is a digital packet technology that uses 4G LTE networks to route voice traffic and transmit data and information. It is the standard for high-speed wireless communications in devices such as smartphones, data terminals, IoT devices, and wearables.
It has been the talk of the town these days after Nepal telecom launches VoLTE service in Nepal. The company had some plans towards it so they began to test VoLTE service after the successful expansion of their 4G Network all over Nepal. As per Nepal Telecom, they have successfully established a good connection and coverage to all 77 districts and planned to begin VoLTE trials from May 17, 2021, although it is already available to many users.
Meanwhile check out: How to open a bank account using the Nagarik app?
About VoLTE Service
Advantages of VoLTE
- Simultaneous use of HD voice and LTE data assures better connectivity.
- High-definition sound quality when calling a VoLTE-enabled device to another.
- Faster call setup is obviously going to save a lot of time.
- More innovative solutions, as customers will have access to next-generation services which is really futuristic.
4G VoLTE Compatible Handsets
How to use VoLTE ?
To enjoy VoLTE services, you need to:
- Have a VoLTE enabled handset (We have listed all the compatible devices till now above)
- Ensure that your handset has been upgraded with the latest software which means you need to update the current version of your smartphone manufacturer
- You must be using Nepal Telecom 4G SIM too.
- Verify that the VoLTE voice calling feature has been enabled on your smartphone. Having difficulty doing it? Follow the instructions below.
For Android: Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Turn on VoLTE call.
*These settings may differ from one handset model to another depending on the handset manufacturer.
How to activate VoLTE in your smartphone?
- Take the advantage of Volte in the compatible smartphone by dialing *444# at first.
- Then, the USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) response will list three options in your mobile screen.
- To activate VoLTE, select the “Activate VOLTE” option by dialing 2 which you will be seeing on your smartphone screen.
- Congratulations there! VoLTE is activated on your NTC SIM.
- But if don’t like it after its activation then to disable it, type *444# on the keypad and select the “Deactivate VoLTE” option.
- Also, you can dial *111# to verify if you are on VoLTE.
For users with Dual SIM handsets, NT 4G SIM should be inserted in the SIM slot with data capability and network mode as “4G/3G/2G (Auto)”.
Note: VoLTE is available in all areas currently having 4G network coverage and will not be consuming any data which means it will be charged as per your normal calls.
Once VoLTE is enabled in your smartphone, you can dial *111# to get 100 minutes FREE VoLTE voice calls which will be valid for 28 days.
Summarizing our words If you’re on a VoLTE network, then your phone calls will use the 4G network to relay your voice to the receiver which will give you smooth connection and better sound quality. You can assume VoLTE as an appreciable jump over the 4G by Nepal telecom.
However, after Nepal Telecom introduced VoLTE, voice data will be transmitted over the 4G network and you should be activating it if you want to enjoy a higher degree of call quality with lower background noise distortions. You can also use the HD video calling function in conjunction with high-speed data transmission. It’s a feature close to what we see on OTT platforms like Viber, Skype, Messenger, etc. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s admire this step of Nepal Telecom by activating your smartphone with VoLTE service.